Getting work done can be challenging sometimes. Whether it’s because you’re feeling down, unmotivated, or under the weather, you won’t always feel on top of your game. This is completely normal though and isn’t something you should beat yourself up over.
You may go through your own set of worries, ranging from the rising cost of living to increasing workloads, news of layoffs, or other personal or global events.
This can be especially true for those who work remotely. One reason for this is that it may be harder to form connections in the digital space. Additionally, work can feel transactional when interactions with your colleagues are done through a screen.
Thankfully, there are many ways in which you can turn difficult days around. One of them is by incorporating positive affirmations for work into your work routine. But what exactly are positive work affirmations, and why is it important to incorporate them into your work routine?
The definition of positive affirmations for work
Understanding positive affirmations is quite simple. In fact, you may already be incorporating them in your personal or professional life. Positive affirmations are brief statements that combat negative thoughts and promote positivity. You can repeat the statements to yourself in order to establish a positive train of thought.
Some people like practicing their positive affirmations at certain times of the day, for example, in the morning. Others prefer to practice them every time they have an anxious or negative thought.
There’s no one-size-fits-all when it comes to positive affirmations. What’s important is finding the ones that work for you. Align your affirmation with your goals and how you want to feel.
You can also change or add to your affirmations every now and then – it’s totally up to you! As long as they make you feel optimistic and happy, you shouldn’t limit yourself to what type of positive affirmation you use.
What are the benefits of positive affirmations?
Now that you know what positive affirmations are, it’s equally important to know why people use them in the first place. If you find yourself asking what the point of positive affirmations is, it’s best to look at things in relation to overall wellness and health.
For one, it’s widely believed that your thoughts help to shape your reality. This isn’t something that’s meant to be taken in a literal sense (meaning thinking about a scenario won’t magically make it happen). However, having a positive outlook in life can certainly help reduce your negative thoughts. Less negative thoughts mean more time focusing on the good in your life.
Positive affirmations also help you be more mindful of your train of thought, which helps with staying organized at work. A good example of this is not letting one bad incident ruin your entire day. By using positive affirmations throughout the day, you can be reminded of seeing the good parts of your life, and not just the bad ones.
Importance of positive affirmations for employees
Knowing the benefits of positive affirmations is essential. But did you know that you can also use them for work? These are better known as career affirmations or work affirmations, and they can improve your perspective on achieving company goals and objectives.
For one, using positive affirmations for work can help you find the motivation you need for the day. It’s a quick, simple, and easy way to get into the right headspace for work.
It’s also a great way to decompress from work and reduce stress. Especially, when the going gets tough. In the long run, this will create a more harmonious workspace and prevent a toxic work culture or employee burnout.
Positive affirmations for remote employees
For employees who are currently in a remote and asynchronous work setup, positive affirmations can be a good addition to a healthy work routine. With the right mindset, you can boost your productivity, your mood, and your confidence.
The best part is, that it’s quite easy to insert positive affirmations into your work routine. You can set daily, weekly, or even monthly affirmations depending on your preference.
If you’re in a leadership role, using positive affirmations in your communication strategies can help with your team dynamic. It’s one way of showing empathy and letting your team know that you’re there for them despite the physical distance.
You can opt to have positive affirmation sessions or check-ins – ones that are focused on their well-being and headspace at work.
Depending on what your team prefers, you can use the sessions in your check-in questions for meetings or just have a space where your team can share their thoughts and feelings. This way, you get to know them more and better understand what type of help they need at work.
Types of positive affirmations for work
Now that you know just how beneficial positive affirmations are at work, it’s time to go over some examples. Because there are different types of affirmations, it’s good to narrow them down. This will help you choose the ones that you need depending on your situation. Do you need a positive affirmation regarding a difficult task? Lack of motivation? Work stress?
Whatever it is, we have you covered with six different types of workplace positive affirmations for work:
1. Positive affirmations to start the work week
The way you start the week can dictate how the rest of it goes. To make sure you start the day right, here are some general positive affirmations for work.
- This day will be filled with productivity and learning.
- A new day means a fresh start.
- I will complete all of the tasks I need to complete.
- I am capable and knowledgeable in my line of work.
- I have insights and ideas that are valuable to my team.
- I am taking one step at a time toward my goals.
- I’ll get past the Monday blues.
- Today is a great day to make a positive impact at work.
- There’s something new to learn every day.
- This week will be an enjoyable work week.
2. Positive affirmations for a good team dynamic
Different personalities and types of communication styles in a team can represent different ideas, opinions, and day-to-day interactions. However, that shouldn’t get in the way of creating a good dynamic with them.
That’s because a team that’s in sync with each other is one that’s efficient and productive. Try out these affirmations to build better relationships and promote better cross-functional collaboration with your team members!
- Every member of my team has something to offer, including me.
- Teamwork is essential in succeeding.
- My team has my back, and I have theirs.
- We can only move forward if we do so together.
- My team will have a productive day ahead.
- My team creates a safe space for ideas and suggestions.
- My team consists of different personalities, but we all have one common goal.
- I will do my best to help my team whenever I can.
- I will create an inviting and inclusive work environment for my team.
- Each and every member of the team has a crucial role.
3. Positive affirmations for when you’re stressed
When you feel frustrated about an aspect of your work, it may result in stress. Although it’s quite normal to sometimes feel stressed, it’s not something you should constantly feel.
Help combat it through these positive affirmations for work:
- I acknowledge that feeling stressed sometimes is completely normal.
- I will let go of the things I can’t control.
- My feelings are valid, but they will not consume me.
- This moment may be difficult, but I’ll get past it.
- My stress doesn’t control me, and it will eventually melt away.
- I am in control.
- Everything is going to be okay.
- I exhale stress and inhale peace.
- I will not entertain or feed negativity at work.
- I choose to react calmly to any situation I face.
4. Positive affirmations for practicing work-life balance
Life is not all about work. Learn to find the right balance between focusing on your work and focusing on enriching the other aspects of your life.
- Today and every day, I will make time to work towards career and personal success.
- Resting is also an essential part of work.
- My work does not define my worth.
- I rest whenever I need to.
- Time for my family, friends, loved ones, and myself is important.
- Time for my hobbies and interests outside of work is important.
- I should not feel guilty for not answering work emails after work hours.
- I take care of both my work life and my personal life.
- I am blessed both with my work life and my personal life.
- Setting work boundaries is necessary and important.
5. Positive affirmations for dealing with challenges
Making a mistake or two at work is normal, but that doesn’t make the experience less frustrating. Consider these career affirmations for when you encounter challenges.
- I am not defined by my mistakes.
- Challenges and struggles help me grow.
- It’s okay to ask for help with my tasks.
- I am taking things one step at a time.
- It’s okay to take a break, but giving up is not an option.
- It’s okay to step back when I’m feeling overwhelmed.
- I am resilient throughout challenges.
- Each challenge I face eventually becomes a useful lesson.
- I can overcome difficult tasks and challenging situations.
- I don’t dwell on things that have gone wrong – only on how I can move forward.
6. Positive affirmations for combatting Imposter Syndrome
Imposter syndrome is a feeling associated with self-doubt regarding your capabilities. It is also defined as feeling like a fraud despite being capable in your line of work. If these feelings feel familiar, you can use the following positive affirmations for work.
- I know what I’m doing.
- I am an asset to my team.
- I will stop entertaining feelings of self-doubt.
- I can do anything that I set my mind to.
- I have the skills needed to do my job well.
- I am worthy of my achievements.
- I deserve the career position I am in now.
- I am an expert.
- I can successfully complete my tasks.
- I contribute to the success of this company.
Sharing positive affirmations with your team
These are just some examples of positive work affirmations that you and your team can use. Practicing the use of positive affirmations can greatly help your outlook, especially as you work from home. Keep in mind that for positive affirmations to be effective, you have to be intentional and consistent in using them.
If you are looking for an effective way to share positive affirmations with your team, you can check out Rock. It’s a holistic task management and messaging tool that can help you keep tabs on your affirmations.
Rock features that help with practicing positive affirmations
There are several ways you can use Rock to incorporate positive affirmations into your routine. For one, you can use the Notes mini-app to write down the positive affirmations that suit you best. This will be a quick and easy way to find them. The good thing about putting your work affirmations on a note on Rock is that you can access it in no time.
You can also use the Topics mini-app to create dedicated topics for different types of affirmations. This helps you to really involve and engage with your team. Topics are often used as sub-threads, this allows you to keep documentation at hand and make sure the discussion does not get lost in the chat.
You can discuss what works for your team, how often they do it, and how these affirmations have helped them so far. Creating a topic will easily help you track conversations on positive affirmations. This means you don’t have to scroll through hundreds of messages just to find something that was discussed a few days prior.
Lastly, you can use the Tasks mini-app to create to-do’s for your positive affirmations. This is a great way to remind you to be consistent about them. It’s also an easy way to get notifications on when you intend to practice your positive affirmations.
Start using positive affirmations today
Ultimately, the use of positive affirmations shows that you have control over your thoughts. Consistently including these affirmations into your workday can improve your mood and help you attract positivity. Rock can help you incorporate positive affirmations into your work routine. You and your team will see its positive impact in no time, get started today!